Join the 50th ISC Team and be part of a once in a lifetime experience! Find more information here and apply until 31 May 2019.
As a student
Join as an international student.
The worldwide most talented students - or how we call them, the Leaders of Tomorrow - for the next St. Gallen Symposium are carefully selected in part via our global essay competition, the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award. This allows the top 100 contributors to attend the symposium, while the finalists have to take to the symposium's big stage to defend their innovative and creative ideas.
Get involved as a HSG student.
Applications for the ISC-Team are open now
As student of the University of St. Gallen, there are a variety of options to get involved in the St. Gallen Symposium. We thank all students for their extraordinary support as an ISC team member, volunteer, host or member of the Academic Jury.
Join the ISC Team
Each year, the St. Gallen Symposium chooses around 35 high-performing young individuals to organise the next St. Gallen Symposium. Members of the International Students' Committee (ISC) invest in themselves by joining a unique learning experience like none other. As a complement to their studies at the University of St. Gallen, the engagement in the ISC challenges students to realise their full potential, take responsibility over a world-class project with a sizeable budget and support the idea of debates across generations. Find more information about the responsibilities within the ISC-Team here.
As a member of the ISC Team, you will:
- learn to engage with a global network of top-level executives
- gain experience working in and leading a team
- experience work in a professional and international environment
- receive 8–12 campus credits and up to 8 core elective credits (contact us for more information)
What we expect from you:
- you are a full-time student at the University of St. Gallen (no exchange students)
- you are fluent in understanding and speaking German and have successfully completed the HSG assessment year.
- you are willing to invest nine months full-time on the realisation of the St. Gallen Symposium.
- you are committed to our core idea of creating debates across generations and willing to go beyond what is asked of you
- you are eager to work in a challenging, professional environment
Apply now until 31 May 2019, 11.59 pm.
If you have any questions, we would be glad to speak to you directly. Just send us an e-mail or call us on +41 71 227 20 20.
Become a Volunteer
The volunteers work in different areas such as Communication, Food & Beverage, Innovation & Technology, Technical Operations or Participants' Services. As a volunteer you will have the chance to experience the inimitable atmosphere, meet interesting people from all over the world and witness two days of intergenerational debates. If you are interested in becoming a member of the ISC Team, participation in the Support Crew is a great one-off experience to gain insight into the activities of the International Students' Committee (ISC).
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, the window for registration as a member of the support crew of the 49th St. Gallen Symposium is closed. If you would like to host a Leader of Tomorrow during the symposium please use the form below.
Host a Leader of Tomorrow
Besides the opportunity to interact with young talents from other countries, our hosts help the Leaders of Tomorrow to get the opportunity of enjoying an unforgettable stay in St. Gallen. Furthermore, our hosts will receive a gift for their generous hospitality.
If the form below does not appear properly on mobile phones, please click here.
Become a Member of the Academic Jury
The Academic Jury is entrusted with a great deal of responsibility as it judges the opinions of future leaders from all around the world, representing more than 350 elite universities
If you are a doctoral or postdoctural candidate at the University of St. Gallen or at the ETH Zurich, you can apply for the Academic Jury of the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award. As a jury member, it is your job to single out the 100 best contributions of our essay competition and to shortlist the very best contributions for the award. The respective authors qualify as Leaders of Tomorrow for the St. Gallen Symposium. We are looking forward to your application for the Academic Jury of the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award 2019.
The following requirements must be met:
- Currently pursuing a doctoral programme, preferably working as research assistant or already completed your doctoral studies and working as a researcher or lecturer
- Fluent in English (oral and in writing) and basic German (oral)
- Genuine interest in global affairs and in the opinions of the world’s top-class young academics
- Capability and capacity of reviewing around 70 contributions (essays and videos) according to a pre-defined set of criteria within a tight time schedule (beginning February until mid-April)
The jury of the 49th St. Gallen Symposium is required to attend two compulsory meetings, the kick-off and the final meeting.
- Jury Kick-Off meeting for new members only: Wednesday, 16 January 2019
- Reviews: beginning February until mid-April 2019
- Final meeting: Wednesday, 3 April 2019
Apply until Sunday, 16 December 2018 to email@example.com and provide the following documents:
- Motivational letter (in English, one page maximum)
- High resolution picture
We are happy to provide more detailed information in a phone call or a personal meeting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join as an international journalism student.
The St. Gallen Symposium Magazine seeks students with backgrounds in media to cover the St. Gallen Symposium. You have the opportunity to join an international team of young journalists and create visual elements and stories on our conference topic while all expenses are covered (travel, board, and lodging). We are looking for journalists, illustrators and photographers.
Find out more about the symposium's global student competition.
Answers to general questions, the essay competition or your travel to Switzerland