We harness the opinions and thoughts of our global Leaders of Tomorrow community in year-round initiatives to empower the voices of the next generation.
Your gateway to St. Gallen, and much more.
Compete for the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award and qualify for participation as a «Leader of Tomorrow» in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
- Join the debate with 600 top global leaders and decision makers
- Share your thoughts, ideas and visions with the global elite
- Expenses for travel, board and lodging covered, travel service provided
- Meet 200 of the world’s brightest young minds
- CHF 20,000 prize money shared by the three winners
- Small and intimate gatherings with world leaders, exclusively for the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Broad media coverage
- Become member of a truly unique and strong global community
Qualify with an excellent essay.
We expect a professional, creative and thought-provoking essay. Be bold, unconventional, and distinctive on the competition question, which will be announced in autumn 2018 for the next competition.
The following criteria must be met:
|Form||Essay (max. 2,100 words, excl. bibliography & footnotes)|
|Deadline||1 February 2019, 11:59 p.m. last time zone (UTC-12)|
|Anonymity||Your name must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution file|
|Individuality||Individual work expected, no group work allowed. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest. The idea must be the author's own.|
|Citation||All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part in the essay. All contributions will be tested for plagiarism.|
Check your eligibility and prepare documents.
To be eligible, you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university
- Born in 1989 or later
Make sure you can provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or other identification (in English for non-Roman languages)
- Confirmation of matriculation/enrolment from your university which proves your enrollment in a graduate/postgraduate level programme as of 1 February 2019 (download sample document here)
- Your contribution file with no indication of your name in the file name, the file metadata or the file itself
Impress the Jury.
All contributions will be evaluated equally according to a specific set of criteria by an independent jury composed of professors, corporate executives, and entrepreneurs. The authors of the best 100 contributions qualify as Leaders of Tomorrow and will be invited by the ISC to the next St. Gallen Symposium. The very best competitors will have the chance to present and discuss their ideas on the symposium's big stage and also in other conferencing formats. The award will be bestowed to the three best competitors, the selection will be based upon the quality of the essays only.
Pre-register for the next competition.
Pre-register for the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award 2019 in order to receive regular updates on the next symposium, the start of the competition, the competition question, and any other details helping you to make your application a success.
Three members of the organisation committee are traveling around the world and visiting more than 120 universities to share this unique opportunity. Check out their schedule and meet them during their events, presentations and information sessions in your city.
Meet this and previous year's winners and read their contributions.