If you are a doctoral or postdoctural candidate at the University of St. Gallen or at the ETH Zurich, you can apply for the Academic Jury of the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award. As a jury member, it is your job to single out the 100 best contributions of our essay competition and to shortlist the very best contributions for the award. The respective authors qualify as Leaders of Tomorrow for the St. Gallen Symposium.
The Academic Jury is entrusted with a great deal of responsibility as it reviews roughly 1,000 submissions submitted by graduate and postgraduate students from all around the world, representing more than 350 elite universities. As a token of appreciation for your commitment, you will receive an exclusive guest invitation to the next St. Gallen Symposium.
We are looking forward to your application for the Academic Jury of the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award 2018.
The following requirements must be met:
- Currently pursuing a doctoral programme, preferably working as research assistant or already completed your doctoral studies and working as a researcher or lecturer
- Fluent in English (oral and in writing) and basic German (oral)
- Genuine interest in global affairs and in the opinions of the world’s top-class young academics
- Capability and capacity of reviewing around 70 contributions (essays and videos) according to a pre-defined set of criteria within a tight time schedule (beginning February until mid-April)
The jury of the 48th St. Gallen Symposium is required to attend two compulsory meetings, the kick-off and the final meeting.
- Jury Kick-Off meeting: Wednesday, 17 January 2018
- Reviews: beginning February until mid-April 2018
- Final meeting: Wednesday, 4 April 2018
Apply until Sunday, 10 December 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following documents:
- Motivational letter (in English, one page maximum)
- High resolution picture
We are happy to provide more detailed information in a phone call or a personal meeting, please contact us at email@example.com.